Stephen Ministry is a program of our congregation that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian, confidential, one-to-one care to those who are experiencing various life struggles and difficulties.
Our Stephen Ministers work together with our pastor(s) to reach more people with Christian care than pastors can reach by themselves.
There are times when each of us needs the care of another person, a Christian friend, a Stephen Minister! Some of these include:
- The hospitalized
- People who move into or out of the community
- Those facing life transitions
- The separated or divorced
- The terminally ill and their families
- The aging and elderly
- Those in spiritual crisis
- Those grieving a death or serious loss
STEPHEN MINISTERS ARE COMMITTED CHRISTIAN PEOPLE WHO:
- Express God’s care through their lives to others
- Receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts
- Are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training
- Visit another person regularly and dependably and offer Christian support and care
- Participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders
- Are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship
- Serve for at least two years
- Receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT STEPHEN MINISTRY, PLEASE CONTACT ANNA BLACKSTOCK AT 210-382-3614 OR email@example.com OR VISIT THE STEPHEN MINISTER HOME PAGE BY CLICKING ON THE LOGO ABOVE.