BULVERDE UNITED MEN’S MINISTRIES (BUMMS)
ABOUT OUR STEAK BREAKS
The BUMMs meet regularly at one of the men’s home. Bring a cut of meat, fish, etc that you will cook, your favorite beverage and a friend. All of the sides will be furnished by our host. We kick off the event at 6:30 pm and are usually done by 8:30 pm. The Main event is fellowship.
- Arlon Bruemmer, President
- Hank Strauss, Vice President
- Larry Rocamontes, Treasurer
- Craig Murphy, Secretary
BUMMS MISSION STATEMENT
- Annually, the BUMMs have several fund raisers benefiting various local organizations, individuals, our church and its mission.
- We pray as a group for those who are in need.
- BUMMs mentor other men and young men within our community and church.
- Develop a men’s fellowship throughout our congregation and community.
- Provide a support structure for men in time of need and pain.
- Provide a port of entry for a man who may not otherwise come to church.
- Provide resources and support for our youth to participate in Christian camps, programs and fellowships.
- Provide training for men to be better fathers, husbands and family leaders.
WHY BECOME A BUMM AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
At Bulverde United Methodist Church we feel that when a Man accepts Jesus Christ and joins our church, he has taken the vows and steps necessary for a new life. The BUMMs will help a man, by their support, to live out his vows and commitment through a covenant relationship.
The BUMMs fellowship is an unusual group of men which are not restricted to a selected group of men. As an unusual group we are not made up of holier than thou types or bible scholars, BUT men that are just everyday Joes like yourself. The BUMMs fellowship consist of men who love sports, automobiles, big screen TV’s, music, cooking outside, travel and building things. Men that work hard to support their families, some of them worry about making a house or car payments, or trying to manage their children’s education expenses and not to mention saving for vacations and retirement.
Most important though, we are men who recognize Jesus Christ as our Savior and the need for the Lord in the lives of our family.
The BUMMs need all of the men of the church to be involved in this unusual fellowship. Don’t wait: seek out an active BUMM today. Find out how this fellowship can strengthen your life through relationships with other men and especially with Jesus Christ.